Jasper Products, LLC
|TITLE: Filling Operator
REPORTS TO: Packaging Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WAGE CLASS: Class VII (Night Shift-$23.40/hr, Days – $22.40/hr)
This position is open to any qualified INDIVIDUAL regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, national origin or disability.
Operating various carton or plastic bottle filling equipment in a high speed beverage operation to ensure product meets proper package integrity and customer configuration requirements. Housekeeping and sanitation of the equipment and work area is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of various coding equipment and filling machinery according to standard operating procedures and operating manuals.
- Verify all CCP (Critical Control Point) parameters are being met as listed on the operator log.
- Prepares and supplies the appropriate filling materials and chemicals to begin production and ensure equipment is functioning safely and properly.
- Monitors the performance of the coders to insure the packages are being properly coded. Also changes the code as required.
- Monitors the flow of product through the filling equipment. Takes prompt action to correct any problems at work stations which may cause production flow to decrease.
- Correctly follow the startup and shutdown procedures.
- Stays alert to mechanical performance of the filling equipment. Promptly notifies the supervisor and/or maintenance mechanic if the equipment malfunctions.
- Monitors the overall quality of the packaged product and the packaging material.
- Completes all paperwork related to the filling equipment operation, such as usage reports, loss reports, and downtime logs.
- During the operation of filling equipment lines, light housekeeping duties are also required.
- Some cleaning requirements due to product and/or packaging changeovers include tear down of equipment and extensive cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Accurately generate production and quality related reports.
- Perform a variety of quality related checks.
- Ensure no faulty packages leave the filler area.
- Ensure the correct package coding and materials are used.
- Record all faults and/or possible fault on the necessary reports.
- Adhere to Company Policies, Procedures, and Rules.
- Create and maintain a clean and sanitary working environment.
- Performs all work in a safe, efficient and cooperative manner.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Perform any other work duties as assigned.
Some potential physical demands.
- Use roll clamp to maneuver 264 pound roll of package material approximately 12 feet to filler bay; pump hydraulic handle to elevate; turn roll from horizontal to vertical position.
- Dump totes of start-up water products from the floor to a hopper 42 inch high.
- Remove two package products at random, walk 60 feet to sink area, use scissors to make 16 multiple cuts to examine package seams every 30 minutes.
- Inject ½ cc dye into one seam per package to confirm integrity of the seal.
- Push full hopper of waste products weighing 500-1000 pounds approximately 125 feet to be taken by a second employee for proper disposal.
- Climb one flight of stairs (12 steps) every 30 minutes to record three temperature checks, approximately 60 feet total distance.
- Input key strokes on vertical computer panel 57 inches high.
- Data hand written on standard forms, carried on a clip board.
- Lift two 57 pound tanks of hydrogen peroxide each 12 hour shift from a table height of 43 inches to a sanitation compartment 26 inches from the floor.
- Once a week, change out 5 gallon sanitizer (approx. 45 pounds) pumping from a 55 gallon stock barrel.
Basic task cycles may vary depending on equipment and product type.
Change package roll material. 3-4 times/ 12 hour shift
Dump totes floor to hopper. 2-3 times/ 30 min. cycle
Dissect package, check seals 2 times/ 30 min. cycle
Syringe injection to verify seal 2 times/ 30 min. cycle
Push full hopper of waste 1 time/ 2-3 hours
Climb 12 steps 1 time/ 30 min. cycle
Input/ record data Occasional/ 30 min. cycle
Change out hydrogen peroxide tanks 1 time/ 12 hour shift
Change out 5 gallon sanitizer 1 time/ week
Moderate on the job training. High School Diploma, GED, or relevant work experience preferred.