Jasper Products, LLC is an industry-leading manufacturer of extended shelf life and aseptically packaged food and beverage products with a state-of-the-art production facility in Joplin, MO.
We are recruiting for the following open position:
Inventory Specialist/Cycle Counter
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and organized, demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit an attention to detail and an attitude of conformance. Qualified
candidates will have strong mathematical, analytical and PC skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and Windows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are some of the “duties and responsibilities” that may be assigned to the Inventory Specialist / Cycle Counter. In all cases, the position will work closely with various operations supervisors, quality assurance, supply chain personnel and all management as needed.
- Work with management to implement and maintain cycle counting program.
- Daily cycle counts up to and including entering of necessary adjustments in computer system.
- Provide accurate monthly physical inventories to our customers. Execute all routine customer requests for counts on packaging, raw materials and finished goods.
- Coordinate disposition of obsolete, aged and/or defective finished goods (with approval from QA).
- Coordinate disposition of obsolete, aged and/or defective raw materials (with approval from Management).
- Maintain certificates of destruction (from the trash hauler) specific to lot codes for items placed in the dumpster.
- Work with receiving staff to ensure that all raw materials are labeled correctly on an ongoing basis. Inspect the warehouse on a daily basis by walking through each aisle to ensure that each item is appropriately tagged.
- Pick and prepare customer ship outs as needed and coordinate movement of raw materials between warehouses to fill customer ship out needs.
- Report to your manager any housekeeping and safety concerns as soon as they are observed so these concerns can be addressed immediately.
- Must be (or have ability to get) forklift certified.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and PC skills (Excel experience a must)
- Ability to work independently is a must.
- Able to lift 50# repetitively.
- Knowledge and compliance of plant GMP’s.
- Willingness to assist in warehouse reorganization efforts.
- Capable to audit and report results with positive communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidates will be highly self-motivated and organized; demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; and exhibit an attention to detail and an attitude of conformance. Qualified candidates will have strong mathematical, analytical and PC skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and Windows.
Reliable transportation is required.
Knowledge and experience in cycle counting or inventory control is required. This position is mostly M-F with an 8 hour shift base schedule. However, the schedule could fluctuate based on business demands between 7a-6p and could require some overtime. The overtime may even be on evening shift and weekend hours for physical inventory activities.
If you desire to support the expansion of a world-class, growing organization that offers competitive compensation and benefits and opportunity for advancement, please apply below: