REPORTS TO: Processing Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: 12 hour rotating shift
WAGE CLASS: Class III (Night Shift – $24.00/hr.- $25.50 top 18 month rate Days – $23.00/hr. – $24.50 top 18 month rate)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL REGARDLESS OF SEX, RACE, AGE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR DISABILITY.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review batch sheets.
- Confirm RM #’s and Lot #’s (picked vs. batch sheet requirements) and contact Process Lead or Supervisor with any discrepancies.
- Accurately weigh all ingredients and mark containers as needed (trace ability and allergen control).
- Close all containers and drums, and clean them of residue before returning them to warehouse return pallets.
- Keep all scoops and containers clean and in good condition.
- Check the scale for accuracy and cleanliness.
- Keep pre-weigh area clean, including pallets and slip-sheets.
- Maintain continuous communication with the Process Lead or Supervisor.
- Make swings for production or CIP. Know when and what to swing. Maintain proper housekeeping procedures during swings.
- Clean all totes, buckets and scoops after batching and store in the proper location (use guidelines for brute washing and drying).
- Clean, seal and label all ingredients for return to the warehouse.
- Know which ingredients can be combined and which ingredients must be kept separate.
- Know how to operate liquid pumps (for syrups and oils).
- Weigh ingredients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Document weights and lots on batch sheets and sign off when weighing is completed (per ingredient and per batch).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of blending and processing systems.
- Know proper gasket usage, replacement and securing clamps and fittings.
- Know how to remove, inspect, clean and install strainers and magnets.
- Know how to remove and clean “shock absorbers” for homogenizers.
- Know and understand how to follow batching instructions.
- Maintain proper safety procedures during batching.
Moderate on the job training.