REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WAGE CLASS: Class V (Night Shift – $26.60/hr, Day Shift – $24.60/hr)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL REGARDLESS OF SEX, RACE, AGE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR DISABILITY.
POSITION PURPOSE: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of industrial machinery and mechanical and electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute projects as directed by Maintenance Management and Plant Operations.
- Maintain equipment and facilities with particular attention to Food Safety including:
- Instrument calibration
- Maintenance of product contact surfaces
- Participate in Operations Food Safety Training
- Monitor food safety related instrumentation
- Work closely with Quality on development and implementation of HACCP, GMP, SQF and other product safety programs
- Ensures operation of machinery (both electrical and mechanical equipment) by completing preventive maintenance requirements on equipment motors, drives, conveyor systems and various high speed food production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hand and power tools and examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and controls instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
Extensive on the job training. High School Diploma, GED, or relevant work experience preferred.