Jasper Products, LLC
|TITLE: PART TIME Batching Positions
2 Days a week schedules
(Tuesday & Wednesday) OR (Wednesday & Thursday)
No Benefits – No Overtime
Schedules are Nights and Days 12 hr. shift 6am-6:30pm/ 6 pm – 6:30am
REPORTS TO: Processing Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WAGE CLASS: Class VII (Night Shift-$25/hr, Days – $24/hr)
This position is open to any qualified INDIVIDUAL regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, natioNAl origin or disability.
According to formulated recipe instructions the position is responsible to prepare, weigh and batch various dry and liquid ingredients for introduction to large scale batching equipment systems designed to produce a wide variety of nutritional beverage and food products. Housekeeping and sanitation of the equipment and work area is required and essential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review batch sheets.
- Confirm RM #’s and Lot #’s (picked vs. batch sheet requirements) and contact Batching Lead or Supervisor with any discrepancies.
- Accurately weigh all ingredients and mark containers as needed (traceability and allergen control).
- Close all containers and drums, and clean them of residue before returning them to warehouse return pallets.
- Keep all scoops and containers clean and in good condition.
- Check the scale for accuracy and cleanliness.
- Keep pre-weigh area clean, including pallets and slip-sheets.
- Maintain continuous communication with the Batching Lead or Supervisor.
- Make piping swings for production or clean in place (CIP) systems. Know when and what to swing. Maintain proper housekeeping procedures during swings.
- Clean all totes, buckets and scoops after batching and store in the proper location (use guidelines for brute washing and drying).
- Clean, seal and label all ingredients for return to the warehouse.
- Know which ingredients can be combined and which ingredients must be kept separate.
- Know how to operate liquid pumps (for syrups and oils).
- Weigh ingredients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Document weights and lots on batch sheets and sign off when weighing is completed (per ingredient and per batch).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of blending and processing systems.
- Know proper gasket usage, replacement and securing clamps and fittings.
- Know how to remove, inspect, clean and install strainers and magnets.
- Know how to remove and clean “shock absorbers” for homogenizers.
- Know and understand how to follow batching instructions.
- Knowledge of and following good manufacturing practices (GMP’s)
- Maintain proper safety procedures during batching.
- Adhere to Company Policies, Procedures, and Rules.
- Create and maintain a clean and sanitary working environment.
- Performs all work in a safe, efficient and cooperative manner.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Perform any other work duties as assigned.
Moderate on the job training. High School Diploma, GED, or relevant work experience preferred.