TITLE: Shuttle Driver
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
SHIFT: 12 hour rotating shift
WAGE CLASS: Class VI (Night Shift – $21.20/hr. Days – $20.20/hr.)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL REGARDLESS OF SEX, RACE, AGE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY.
Safely move goods to/from the primary facility to/from remote warehouses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive the company truck to/from the warehouses.
• Properly maintain the tractor, trailer and all related equipment. (Tires, fluid levels, etc.)
• Responsible for keeping the tractor and trailers clean. Tractor cleaned out at the end of each shift and trailers swept weekly.
• Load and unload the trailer.
• Accurately identify and report the goods that are being moved. Verify pallet tags with item codes and lot codes printed on the cases. Report discrepancies immediately.
• Assure that all raw materials that are moved are properly labeled with the correct raw material item code and correct lot code.
• Stage outgoing loads.
• Complete bills of lading for outgoing shipments of finished goods. Verify the lot codes and quantities of the product that is shipping.
• Stage the product by FIFO so that we use the oldest lot codes first.
• Assist with keeping all warehouses clean inside and outside.
• Communicate with production to be certain that we have all of the supplies required for production that are stored off site in the primary facility before production begins. Keep a record of these items.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have a current CDL Class A.
• Forklift certification